Workshop on leadership inspired by Nature and Earth’s wisdom traditions
Central London – Dates TBC
“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.” – Arundhati Roy
Join us on an exploration of new forms of leadership, inspired by Nature and the Earth’s wisdom traditions. In a world in need of new balance and purpose, here we renew capacities for awareness, presence, purpose, reconnection, compassion and a rebalancing of the ‘yin’ with the ‘yang’.
The workshop will be led by Andres Roberts and Jennifer Menke, who have delved deep into wisdom and Earth teachings while working across new boundaries of leadership, systemic innovation, nature connection and spirituality.
Jennifer is in the UK for only a short time and this is a great opportunity to share ideas from her work with the Academy for Systemic Change in the US. This workshop also builds on an earlier gathering Andres and Jennifer co-hosted on ‘Leadership and the Feminine’, held in Colorado last Summer.
We are delighted to be able to hold this workshop together, committed to supporting deeper connection, clearer minds, more open hearts and realignment of ourselves, our collective purpose and healthier society and planet.
– How can we reconnect to deeper purpose and our path as leaders for our communities and for our planet?
– How might we develop presence, flow, connection and balance in a way fit for ourselves as human beings and the world we are part of?
– How to open the senses and awareness to interpret and navigate an accelerating and more complex world?
– How do we nourish capacities for being as much as doing; and for openness and receptivity as much as striving and ‘advancing’?
– How do we listen deeply to the Earth to inform our actions, so that they are in alignment with the natural rhythm of the planet?
– How can we seduce this new world that our hearts know is possible?
What to Expect
– Ancient practices to develop awareness, presence and connection to Source, ourselves and each other
– Embodied activities to bring to life a full feeling of flow, reconnection and balance
– A deep, full and honest dialogue – and physical practices – related to rebalancing masculine and feminine forces in us and all the world
– Deep dialogue and deep listening practices at a time when we must listen to each other and the earth
– Safe space for story-telling, personal reflection and action setting
– Mini ‘solos’ to connect with inner and outer nature
– The beginning of new community dedicated to leadership in alignment with ourselves and the Earth
Dates and Logistics
The workshop will take place over two days near central London, with the option to come for both days or the first day alone. The first day will emphasise leadership as Self. The second day will look at how to translate these qualities to the wider world.
Jennifer and Andres bring knowledge from a number of elders and wisdom teachers, applied to modern work and challenges. We would like to take this opportunity to honour the people we have learnt from to do this work, including John P. Milton, Miss Lane Moonwalker, Thich Nhat Hanh, Joanna Macy and the many other teachers and peers. In this session we will be introducing and working with ideas and practices from across mindfulness, Buddhism, T’ai Chi, Qi Gong, Taoism, Native American traditions, Systems Thinking and Nature herself. We will do so while making space to work practically with our own stories while also responding to collective needs and stories as they emerge.
We would like to offer a voluntary pricing structure with the suggested range below.
– Career/Journey Starters: £60 plus VAT per day
– Professional: £125 plus VAT per day
– Organisations or feeling abundant: £250 plus VAT per day
To express interest please contact andres[at].