Here are some frequently asked questions.
Q: Do I need to prepare anything for the retreat?
A: Nothing but an open mind, and willingness to experience nature in a new perspective.
Q: What equipment do I need?
A: We recommend the list below for each retreat. Of course please do bare in mind the time of year and the location of the retreat. If there is anything special which is not included in the list below, we will let you know.
– Backpack – max 65 litres
– Water containers – minimum 2 litres + 1 litre
– Sleeping Bag – ideally 3 season for most programmes
– Sleeping Mat/Thermarest
– Tent, bivy bag, or tarpaulin (plastic sheeting to tie to trees or lie on to keep dry)
– Head torch with full batteries
– Basic first aid items (pain killers, plasters, bandages etc.)
– Warm clothing and clothing to change into – two layers of everything
– Waterproof layers (jacket & trousers)
– Extra layers for warmth at night
– Hat for warmth / sun
– Hiking, trekking or sports shoes – and spare shoes in case of rain
– Socks to change
– Swimming costume
– Comfortable clothes for stretching/yoga activities
– Sun cream and shades to protect your eyes
– Mosquito repellant
– Notebook & pen
Q: Do I need to know any bush-craft / survival skills?
A: No – it is not necessary to know how to start a fire with a bit of string and a knife, or make your own survival shelter. On some of our retreats you may be instructed in some basic bush-craft techniques however no previous knowledge or experience is required. Even if you don’t know how to put up your own tent, your friendly guides will be on-hand to help you with that.
Q: Can I bring a phone / camera / journal / book on my solo?
A: We encourage participants to only take a phone with them for emergencies at keep it off for the duration of their alone time. We also recommend to not bring a journal and pen on your solo to enable you to focus on presence and experiencing what is unfolding around you.
Q: Where can I review and download your Terms and Conditions?
A: You can review them here: terms-and-conditions-2017
If you have any other questions, please send us a note via our connect page.